Man dies in Mumbai Hospital after getting sucked in MRI machine


Nation Next Newsroom | Jan 28, 2018 8:40

Rajesh Maru (Photo Source: Facebook)

In a shocking incident, Rajesh Maru, a 32-year-old man, lost his life as he got sucked into a MRI machine at Nair Hospital, Mumbai, on Saturday. Rajesh had accompanied one of his relatives to the hospital for the relative’s treatment. On instructions from a ward boy, Maru entered the MRI room with an oxygen cylinder for helping his relative breathe. Due to the strong magnetic force of the MRI machine, Maru got sucked into it and died just in two minutes. It is to be noted that no metal items are allowed near the MRI machine. The ward boy who told Maru to take the cylinder in the MRI room has been suspended. Mumbai Police has registered a case against the ward boy under section 304 (A) of the IPC.

One of Rajesh’s relative, Naranbhai Jitiya, while speaking to the DNA said that it is because of the carelessness of the hospital’s doctors and technicians that Rajesh died. He also alleged that no security guard was present outside the MRI room to tell Rajesh that he should not take the cylinder in the room.