Two-and-half-year-old Nirzar Ingle was rushed to hospital after his index finger got stuck in the door on August 30, 2019. Nirzar is a student at Bachpan Play School at Ramna Maroti branch at Nandanvan in Nagpur. The incident occurred when a maid at the playschool tried to lock Nirzar inside a classroom and the latter resisted it. That’s how the child ended up hurting his finger in the process.
Upon hearing the same, Nirzar’s parents Kshijit Ingle along with his wife rushed to the hospital where he was crying inconsolably for hours. Kshitij told Nation Next, “We were shocked to see his condition. He was inconsolable; he was convincing everybody that he’s deeply hurt. Still doctors assured us that he’s completely all right and the wound was a minor one.”
He added, “I wasn’t fully convinced that my child was all right so I took him to our family doctor Dr Pravin Lad. Upon suggestion, we consulted Dr Virat Shingade who surgically fixed a k-wire to hold the fingertip together, which was completely broken. Nirzar was operated twice in two days. There’s another impending surgery on 21st September, during which the k-wire, stitches and his plaster would be removed. Even after multiple surgeries doctors are unsure of what would happen next.”
When asked about the CCTV footage, Kshitij claimed that the school refused to show it to him. As far as apology from the school was concerned, Kshitij said the director of the playschool Chandrakant Kumeria said, “Mistakes do happen. We apologise. When Kumeria visited the hospital two days after the incident, he told me to mutually sort the issue, to which I agreed.”
Kshitij said that Kumeria, who also owns Mahatma Travels at Munje Chowk, Sitabuldi, agreed to pay only 50% of the full amount (Rs 1,30,000) of Nirzar’s treatment.