In a shocking incident, a newly-married man and his grandmother were killed and the man’s wife was injured when a gift the couple got at their wedding reception exploded just couple of days after the wedding. The incident took place in Patnagarh, Bolangir district, Odisha, when the gift was opened at the couple’s home.
While the groom’s grandmother died instantly, the groom succumbed to his injuries in a hospital in Rourkela, where he was admitted after the incident. The man’s wife is undergoing treatment at a hospital in Burla.
Patnagarh police has collected the evidence and are investigating the case and are trying to ascertain as to who gave the gift to the couple at the reception.