Inner Planet, in order to celebrate Mental Health Awareness Week, will be organising an interesting event ‘Alive,’ which is an initiative to promote awareness on stress and anxiety. It aims to help people minimize stigma around mental health through various activities and suggest them ways to deal with it.
Inner Planet, which is spearheaded by Child Psychotherapist Yogita Madan and REBT Psychotherapist Zohra Master, will be organising ‘Alive’ on October 14 at Sr Ursula’s School Ground, in association with The Climber and Nation Next as the online media partner.
Prior to ‘Alive’ on October 14, Inner Planet will be organising a parade on October 12. The parade will cover the following areas of Nagpur:
– Japanese Garden to Walkers Street – 6 am to 7 am
– Futala Lake Road – 8 am to 8:30 am
– Variety Square to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Square – 9:45 am to 10:30 am
– Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Square to Divisional Commissioner Office Square – 11 am to 12 pm
– Laxminagar Square to Bajaj Nagar square – 5 pm to 5:30 pm
– Bajaj Nagar Square to LAD Square via VNIT Road – 5:30 pm to 6 pm
– Traffic Park Road – 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Around 100 volunteers of Alive will attend the rally.
On October 14, at St. Ursula School’s ground, different stalls will be put up to spread awareness about stress and anxiety. Some of these stalls include:
- Trigger or Treat (to educate people about triggers)
- Tropicana Ka Thikana (different opinions of people over something/someone)
- Cash or Trash (making people realising their self-worth)
- Serial Feel-er (physiology of anxiety and stress)
In addition to the stalls, Alive will have various activities for stress and anxiety management like: Paint it out, cycling, pottery, etc
Speaking to Nation Next, Inner Planet co-founder Zohra Master said, “The basic purpose is to let more people know about mental illnesses and how to be mentally healthy. These problems are disorders and they are not something to get over with. The more we spread the awareness, the more there will acceptance to these problems by people. The parade is to make people aware about Alive and gather more participants.”