Headlines

Man gets electrocuted while painting in Nagpur


Sharvari Vaidya | May 27, 2020 19:59

Image of the 42-year-old

A 42-year-old painter Shailesh Bhanderkar got electrocuted after he came in contact with a live wire at Pipla Fata in Hudkeshwar, Nagpur; he was painting a two-storied house named ‘Ganesh Dham.’ Sadly, Bhanderkar’s body could be seen hanging between the wires in the pictures. 

Nagpur: A 42-year-old painter Shailesh Bhanderkar got electrocuted after he came into contact with a live wire at Pipla Fata in Hudkeshwar.
Image of the 42-year-old

When Nation Next spoke to ASI, Premshankar Shukla from Hudkeshwar Police Station, he said, “It was an unfortunate accident and while painting, he tripped and fell on an electric wire. The impact was such that he got electrocuted. We’ve registered a case of accidental death. The deceased was aware of the particular electric wire; was even told by the house owner not to paint the particular side of portion but somehow, he ignored and came in contact with the wire.”

Also read: Salil Deshmukh comes to rescue of Nagpur residents stuck in Pune due to lockdown