Facilitated by State Bank of India (SBI), Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (Maha Metro) on Saturday introduced an easy way of payment through prepaid ‘MAHA Card. Apart from the card, it also launched a mobile application.
As per a report in Zeebiz, “With this facility, the travellers will have tap-and-go payments at Nagpur Metro stations. The Metro commuters can avail MAHA Card by applying at the counter in metro stations, and for that they just need to fill-in basic information in the application form followed by authenticating one-time PIN received on their mobile number. Once the application process is over, they need to pay a minimal amount of Rs 150 as one-time card issuance fee along with minimum top-up card fee of Rs 100, which can be in multiples of Rs 100 with maximum of Rs 2,000, for seamless travelling in the metro, according to the statement.”
With the MAHA Card, commuters can also execute off-line transactions across Nagpur Metro stations with the facility of ‘stored value balance.’ Commuters before their journey have to tap their card at the entry gate to the platform. Once their journey is complete, they again need to tap their card at the exit gate of the destination station.
MAHA Card is a contactless dual interface (EMV chip based) prepaid card with stored value functionality for providing a safe, secure and seamless way of payment. This is a simple way to pay fares across Nagpur Metro. Compartmentalisation of amount for different utilities, such as transit, amongst others is a unique feature of this MAHA Card, which can be used for purchase of tickets or loading of passes for metro, using the stored value of the card.
MAHA Card offers many exciting features and a host of benefits for all commuters’ payment needs within Nagpur:
- Cashless travels in Nagpur Metro
- Purchase of tickets and store passes for your Metro travel needs
- Chip-protection to ensure better security for your card
- Easy to use Tap-and-Go functionality
- To get Maha Card, citizens just have to follow the below mentioned simple steps:
- Visit your nearest Nagpur Metro station and request for the MAHA Card at the counter.
- Fill your details in the simple Application Form and submit it to the operator.
- After entering the details by the operator, One Time Pin (OTP) will be generated and sent to your mobile number provided in the application.
- Share the OTP for validation, pay the card issuance fee and top-up amount to load balance on the card for usage.
MAHA Card has a unique feature of Stored Value balance, which can be used across Nagpur Metro. Transactions in off-line mode are executed from the Stored Value balance in the card. Step-by-step procedure to be followed for using MAHA Card for Metro rides is as under:
- Visit your nearest Nagpur Metro Station. Tap the card at the entry gate and as the gate opens, proceed to the platform for boarding the metro.
- After completing the journey, tap the card again at the exit Gate of destination station.
- The fare amount for the journey undertaken will be debited from the stored value balance on the card.
- Also, passes can be loaded on the specified service area onto the card, as per the business rule of the Metro authorities and can be used for metro rides as above. While travelling by using a pass, the fare amount for the journey will not be deducted as long as the pass is valid, as the value of pass shall be recovered upfront.
For getting the card issued, commuters are mandatorily required to visit their nearest Nagpur metro station with one of the following OVDs (Officially Valid Documents):
- Passport Numbe
- Voter ID Number
- Driving License Number
- NREGA Job-card Number
- Letter issued by the National Population Register, containing details of Name, Address, or any other document as notified by the Central Government in consultation with the Regulator
Customer can voluntary submit their Aadhaar Card number for getting the card issued.